Bigger Issues

gene.maurice at comcast.net gene.maurice at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 05:53:07 AKST 2003

Maybe a way to look at this is not a complete divorce of the individual from AMA but only a separation of the competition. As a CD of a non-sanctioned event, I could still require AMA membership in order to take advantage of the insurance. I could also require NSRCA membership. In order to not eliminate non-NSRCA members from the contest, NSRCA could offer a "2 Day Membership" for, let’s say, $2.00.

I believe the objective of this discussion is to explore ways to avoid the interference that AMA / Contest Board interject into the rules process. OK, ignore the AMA rules. I understand the magnitude of what we would be biting off: the Nats, Team Trials, support for the Worlds, etc.. But what other leverage to we as an organization have? Logic and reason certainly haven’t worked!

Again, if we are just a pimple on the AMA’s butt, why are they so adamantly opposed to relinquishing some level of control? Or, at least be more considerate of the fact that this three-year rule cycle stifles the advancement of the discipline.

BTW, it’s not three years, it’s six! On January 1, 2005 rules that we discussed three years past go into effect for three years to come! Then, almost immediately, the process starts all over again!!!!! This is ludicrous!!!! This is bureaucracy run amok.

--
Gene Maurice
gene.maurice at comcast.net
Plano, TX