Bigger issues--Long as usual from me

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 19 15:12:41 AKST 2003

RE:

> John, don't forget that complacency with FAI F3A makes it impossible for
> the most part to change anything.

I understand that the World Competitions are very important to many people
who are members of this list. However, I have also observed that many of the
contestants at the team trials flew only the number of required AMA events
to participate in team selection.  FAI is dwindling at the Nats. Many top
FAI flyers don't bother with the Nats unless pressured by a sponsor.

Quite frankly, there is really nothing we do or say that has any impact,
good or bad, on the FAI picture. They really don't care about the local and
national AMA contests.

I find that a two way street. I don't have anything to say against the FAI
program but I am very,very neutral about it. I have had the honor to assist
with the Pensacola Worlds in '99 and I have great respect for the folks that
run it from top to bottom.

But I do stop short of allowing any perceived or real threat towards the FAI
program to coerce me into other that what I feel best for my pattern
friends.

I will check back in to the net in the morning for my criticism. I don't
expect YOU ALL to believe it, but it is time for church choir practice!
Another of my quirks!

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283