Bigger Issues

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Wed Nov 19 13:55:43 AKST 2003

Ron,

>I don't think it was because the IMAC people were willing to break
>away from AMA.

I'd love to hear directly from some of the IMAC community on this
this 'cause that's not the story I'm hearing (hindsight being 20-20
and all).  I don't want to speak for them (IMAC), could someone who
is/was active in IMAC (and was witness to what actually happened)
please "back brief" us on the history of this?

>As long as we operate under AMA, we are subject to the AMA rules and
>regulations.

Understand that we operate under AMA by choice, not by legislation
(or even necessity).  NSRCA is a Special Interest Group (SIG)
recognized by AMA, but NSRCA is not formally a part of AMA, nor does
AMA have any regulatory jurisdiction or direct control over NSRCA.
It's an affiliation, not a superior/subordinate type of arrangement.

>My rule change proposal to have NSRCA control the maneuver
>descriptions and maneuver schedules was rejected by the AMA
>Executive Council.  Short of bolting AMA, I don't think NSRCA has
>any choice in this matter.  If that is a demonstration that "we
>(NSRCA) are willing to simply lie down and get run over on this by
>AMA", I guess we're stuck with it.

Only if we choose to be.  We have options;  I just wonder if the
NSRCA Officers are cognizant of them and willing to consider them as
such.

Jerry
--
Jerry Budd