Bigger issues--Long as usual from me

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Wed Nov 19 13:25:15 AKST 2003

Actually Bill, I've never even been to an IMAC contest (I'm a hard
core pattern guy who fell in love with the pattern planes on the Nats
cover of Model Aviation back in the late 70's).

However, simple logic suggests that NSRCA can completely control it's
own destiny wrt AMA approval if NSRCA is simply willing to show a
little perseverance and take a firm stand on matters of importance.
AMA has almost no leverage over NSRCA once one realizes that AMA
needs NSRCA a whole lot more than NSRCA needs AMA.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a fundamental problem with an AMA
Pattern Contest Board legislating on AMA matters, I just think that a
3 year rules cycle process is utterly absurd.

Hell, in California we can elect and then recall a Governor in less
time than that!

: )

Jerry

--