Bigger issues--Long as usual from me

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Nov 19 09:24:55 AKST 2003

John Ferrell wrote that we should  "declare independence in the same
manner as the IMAC folks".  I tried to do that with my annex proposal.
The proposal would have taken the maneuver descriptions and maneuver
schedules out of contest board-control in the rule book and into an
NSRCA-controlled annex.  The proposal precipitated an energetic
response from the AMA Executive Council.  They had not initially
realized the freedom that the IMAC folks had been granted in the
previous rule change cycle and, when my proposal asked for the same
freedom to act that the IMAC people already have, it was met with a
swift and firm rejection.  I declined to have any part in a compromise
proposal giving the contest board control of the annex.  John Fuqua and
Tony Stillman decided to reissue my proposal, returning control of the
annex to the contest board.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org