After run Oil

Terry Brox tbrox at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 14:49:30 AKST 2003

Hi Bill,
        You will get a wide range of opinions on this. The main difference will be whether or not to use any, and if not, whether or not to run the engine dry.
         I never use after run, however, performance specialties sell an after run that will not harm the internals of the engine. DO NOT USE A PETROLEUM BASED PRODUCT OF ANY KIND.
         I run Cool Power heli fuel and run the engine dry after flying. I never have replaced bearings because of need. I have replaced the bearings just to "make me feel better" but they seemed fine. When I rebuild a YS, the inside is full of oil, even though I run it dry after flying. When running it dry, only the part of the fuel that burn will run out, leaving a good bit of oil still in the engine.

          Hope this helps get the thread started, good luck, Terry