JR NES 4000 servo

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Nov 16 18:28:49 AKST 2003

Again Agree with Dave L,

The 4000's are very close in performance to the 8231's...they will eat a
little more battery. These were the first "digital" style servos
available...They are a few years old....Say 97-99 in that era as the digital
servos came out then....The super servos have tremendous holding power and
centering...In fact they are as good or better than some of the current
digital servos of today.....The big issue was battery drain...we sacrificed
some of the precision and holding power to go with digital servos...but the
digital servos use less battery power.

I would highly recommend running the servos. They are superb for pattern
models. As stated check your batteries every flight....They will draw a
little more current...I would estimate 15% more than a normal coreless high
torque servo and maybe 5-10% more than a digital.

One thing that will drive them crazy is bad gears or pots....these things
are so good at finding center that when the pots and gears wear out they
will really eat battery juice hunting for center....So keep an eye on them
with a volt meter every flight...you'll learn their character really quick
and easy...

They are great servos....4000's, 7100's I used these for years in pattern
models. Even before I switched to JR TX/RX gear the Super Servos were king.
And still are awesome performers.

Troy Newman

>From: davel322 at comcast.net
>To: discussion at nsrca.org
>Subject: RE: JR NES 4000 servo
>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 02:55:47 +0000
>
>JR made several "super servos" - the ones suitable for pattern were the
>4000, 7000, and 7100.
>
>The 4000 is not a low profile servo - it is a "standard" case - same as
>4031/4131 - slightly different from the 8101/8231/8417/8411 which have the
>wider spacing on bearings of the ouptut shaft.  The 4000 came with nylon
>gears.  Very good servo - in my opinion, performance is equal to an 8231 -
>but it is more power hungry than an 8231 as others have noted.
>
>The 7000 "super servo" is low profile servo (with nylon gears, same case
>and gears as 7005).
>
>The 7100 is another low profile "super servo" which is basically the same
>as the 7000 but with metal gears (7005 gears could also be retrofit).
>
>Regards,
>
>Dave Lockhart (Team JR)
>DaveL322 at comcast.net
> > I still use a few of them. If you fit 4005 nylon gears they are fast and
>tight.
> > They are low-profile and work well in the thin wing. Quique was using
>them last
> > year in pattern plane ailerons.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Eric.

Great deals on high-speed Internet access as low as $26.95.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org