Spoilers for Pattern Planes?????

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 05:28:00 AKST 2003

Maybe raising the K-Factor to 4 or 5 on landings would make the lower
classes more proficient and safer for others near the flight line. I have
been judging when pilots on the other line blast right over my head. It
scares the crap out of me ever since I was hit lifted off the ground and
carried 15' and slid another 15' from being hit by a model. My observations
have been that the close calls have been with takeoffs much more than
landings which is hard to fathom. Takeoffs are much easier to control and do
well than landings.
    From a safety standpoint alone I would like to see pilots gets zeroed
for that flight at least for scaring the crap out of judges on either flight
line. One issue that the majority of judges on that line that had the close
call should concur. Not just one person with a grudge.
    JMO
     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928
     NSRCA - 473