Glow plug failures

Rick Wallace rickwallace45 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:56:39 AKST 2003

Anthony -

Here's a long shot - it might be fuel foaming causing a lean condition in
the air?  I had that on my Elan early on  Never identified the lean
condition by sound, but had some plugs blow seals etc and plugs lasted about
as you described - a 2"x3" chunk of foam in the right place around the tank
solved the problem.