Piedmont Temptation construction questions

Lee Davis lee at piedmontmodels.com
Wed Nov 12 16:22:07 AKST 2003

Eric nailed all the high points.

The purpose of the cross bracing on the deck and rear radio compartment
formers has to do with the layup of the fuselages.  It can be cut out.

The former at front of the stab doesn't need to be there.  We put it in
the construction drawings because it's common practice to have
one...whatever.

I only recently found out about the misprint of the former template
sheet.  It wasn't scaled properly for legal size paper and is correct in
current kits.  If you send me an email I can reply with the original
template file attached in PDF format.

Bottom line...the fuselage skin REALLY IS structural.  Don't overbuild
the plane.  You'll add weight to no advantage.

Lee Davis
Piedmont Models
lee at piedmontmodels.com