Glow plug failures

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 14:33:40 AKST 2003

In a message dated 11/12/2003 3:18:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tony at radiosouthrc.com writes:
Also, I think everyone is paying a little more attention to the temperature,
especially in the crankcase area.  New models are showing up with air scoops
to direct fresh air over the rear bearing area, and I'm sure that helps, no
matter what engine you are using!

Tony Stillman
All, I agree with Tony's comment on temperature, after the Fresno contest
this year, at Jerry Budd's suggestion, I installed some airflow 'diverters' that
forced air over the case and lower portion of the crankcase to keep that area
cooler.  Had plenty of air flowing around the head and upper case but no
directed flow over the lower end.  Not a scientific measure by any means, but I
think it helps, I intend to do the same in future planes.

Don