Landings-THE ANSWER

EHaury at aol.com EHaury at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 05:33:09 AKST 2003

The really experienced (old) guys will remember when FAI used landing zones
of different diameter circles, the small center "bulls-eye" had more points
available, sort of like different K-Factors. As I recall they were 5 ,10, or 15
points max.

While I know and abide by the current AMA rule, and know the rational for it
being what it is, it just doesn't makes sense to me. Mis-centering downgrades
are liberally applied to narrow center maneuver and landings are given leeway
by rule. Go figure!

Earl