Webra 160

Joe Lachowski jlachow at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:41:21 AKST 2003

Has anyone run one yet? Well, I did over the last two weekends. With the
help of JR 10X programming guru Eric Henderson, e-mail advice from Jerry
Budd and a little bit of a learning curve I was able to get my first Webra
160 running quite well. Put seven solid flights on it this weekend without a
hickup. You have to be careful setting up the mixture points.  The first
couple of flights the previous week were a little lean to my surprise (after
several tanks of break in and adjusting mixture settings on the ground of
course). Motor got a little hot towards the end of those flights. After
consulting Jerry, I spent time carefully listening to the motor rpm at each
point. I ended up richening just about every point a bit more,  especially
the top end.  Over several flights on Sunday I  eventually richened many of
the points just a tad more with the assitance of Eric Hendersons' ears while
I was flying the plane.

Next time will be easier. First time is always the toughest to get through.
So much for simplicity.

My setup is probably not optimum but is more than enough power to pull a
11lb-11oz  Temptation through the Masters schedule. Right now it is
definitely a keeper. Fuel efficiency is pretty close to that which I have
been getting with the Webra 145. My setup includes a Greve pipe at 28" to
first baffle, APC 17X12, Powermaster 15/16. RPM a rich 7500 to 7600.
Definitely no substitution for extra cubes.

I also tried the carb from the 145 on my other 160 for break in on my Focus.
Carb worked fine on the ground but never could get it to run quite right in
the air. Went every which way on the needles and the motor would still
hickup and almost quite on inverted pushes before catching.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone( including myself)<g>

Joe Lachowski

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

# discussion-request at nsrca.org