Aileron servos

David Lockhart DaveL322 at comcast.net
Thu May 22 17:12:39 AKDT 2003

Adam,

I think the difference is attributable to the speed - even 60 oz/in is
pretty strong - unless you have huge ailerons with tons of throw (poor
mechanical advantage).  I have run the 8417s on aileron and like them -
but as you noted, they are a bit heavy.  I am currently running the
9411s - a midsize servo - about 80 oz/in, .15 sec, 1.5 oz each (1.3 if
converted to nylon gears).  Also, if you put the 8231 nylon geartrain
in the 8417s, they will be almost .4 oz lighter, and the speed / torque
will change from .10 / 80 to about .13 / 100.

FWIW - I've never found a servo that was too fast - I run all my JR
stuff on unregulated 5 cell packs - which puts the 8417 down around
0.08 sec.  Very fast!!

Regards,

Dave Lockhart
Team JR