Incidence meters

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Wed May 21 05:37:03 AKDT 2003

Having tried the meters being discussed (and also having lobbied Jerry to make one), I will say that there is not a one out there that I can rave about!

The Robart laser version does not give as good a result as the non-parallax needle version. Some needle versions stick and the fix is to space apart the sides of the case(that has usually warped inwards.

The home rig that I use is the Robart bar combined with a digital level. The level is used to confirm the needle and is a bit impractical on soft wood due to its weight.

A pattern plane today can ask you to set 1/4 degree stab incidence and 2/3 degree wing incidence... not easy with what we have available today.

Regards,

Eric.