Servo Extension Connectors

EHaury at aol.com EHaury at aol.com
Tue May 20 03:56:45 AKDT 2003

Some sort of safety to ensure that connectors stay together is a good
practice, don't overlook the connections at the receiver.

The pin/socket retention tab that the plastic connector housing indexes
against to keep the p/s in the housing is another potential failure point.
The metal tab will break off eventually and allow the p/s to move out of the
housing (unplug). This is especially true of aileron connectors that are
handled a bunch. I use flexible CA to keep this from happening, just a little
between the wire and the housing, it also acts as a strain relief by
anchoring the wire insulation to the housing. I suggest not using
non-flexible CA as there must be some movement between the p/s/housing for
alignment and good contact.

While on this subject, those of us in a climate that promotes (profuse)
sweating find that the aileron connectors will degrade from handling if not
cleaned with a contact cleaner occasionally.

Earl