re ys 1.20

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 10:27:05 AKDT 2003

The L and DZ versions are both monsters in the power department, but can be tricky to adjust properly, and less tolerant of operator error. When set up correctly they are great. The reason I put the FZ's on the top of the list is good power and ease of setup.

Bill Glaze <billglaze at triad.rr.com> wrote:
The Y.S. 1.20SC was an absolute struggle for the second year I owned it.  First year, it was great.  Neither the factory or I, or several real Y.S. experts could get it right Finally traded it in for a 1.40 FZ.
I now own 4 of them.(1.4FZ's)
The original 1.20 FS is one of the best engines I have ever owned; I still have 2 of them, and use them regularly.  Will be putting one of the1.20's in a new Swallow I got from Ron van Putte.
A pattern flyer friend (and TOC competitor) has run 130 gallons of fuel through his 1.20 FS with no problems. (And that was at last count!) Probably a record of some sort.
No experience with the newer 1.20's or the DZ.  My 1.40L has started out like the 1.20SC revisited.  We'll see.
Bill Glaze

"Thomas C. Weedon" wrote:  Hey, Bob, I will have to agree with most of your conclusions except the 120NC. I have two 120NC's. They are not as powerful as the newer models, but they are easy to run and so far, very reliable. I have only done the minimum maintenance on then. Great for sport engines. I got rid of my SC's. They were the worst of all YS engines. I also agree that the YS120FZ will suprise most with it's power and ease of use. I have 2 of them and won't give them up. The 140FZ is great also.Tom Weedon -----Original Message-----