re ys 1.20

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sun May 18 08:20:40 AKDT 2003

The Y.S. 1.20SC was an absolute struggle for the second year I owned
it.  First year, it was great.  Neither the factory or I, or several
real Y.S. experts could get it right Finally traded it in for a 1.40 FZ.

I now own 4 of them.(1.4FZ's)
The original 1.20 FS is one of the best engines I have ever owned; I
still have 2 of them, and use them regularly.  Will be putting one of
the1.20's in a new Swallow I got from Ron van Putte.
A pattern flyer friend (and TOC competitor) has run 130 gallons of fuel
through his 1.20 FS with no problems. (And that was at last count!)
Probably a record of some sort.
No experience with the newer 1.20's or the DZ.  My 1.40L has started out
like the 1.20SC revisited.  We'll see.

Bill Glaze