Bearings for YS 140L?

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Sat May 17 17:44:18 AKDT 2003

Hi Incheol..
     IMHO any thing less than smooth indicates for me a bearing replacement.They should feel glassy or oily smooth. You may want to go for the stainless variety for longer service. Just be aware the retainers still can fail without warning and totally trash your engine. Bearings when they start to rust you can feel turning prop by hand normally. Not always though. Have seen 120's loose as much as 300 rpm just due to rough bearings. At the rpms we are currently turning that is noticeable.
     You don't want to wait till a bearing is totally broken as again you are looking at totaling an engine.
    As for you other questions on the 140 can't say as I have never owned one.

     Del K. Rykert
     AMA - 8928
     NSRCA - 473
     Kb2joi - General