re ys 1.20

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 11:58:26 AKDT 2003

Best to worst big YS four strokes IMHO, in terms of reliability and ease of use:

YS120FZ YS140FZ
YS120AC
YS120FS
YS140L  YS140DZ
YS120SC
YS120NC

I own or have owned the 120NC, 120FZ and 140FZ motors, and have direct experience with the L and DZ series. Of the 120's, the FZ is the best version. My 120FZ is as strong as my 140FZ's. The 120NC I owned was junk, even two trips back to YS and several versions of throttle barrels did not make it right. Some people have good luck with them, I did not.

The AC is good, but not as powerful and heavier. The SC is powerful, but has a tendency to eat itself without warning. The older FS motors are good, just not on par with the newer ones in terms of power.

If you are shopping, pick up either a 120FZ or 140FZ. Lots of fliers are moving to the big two-strokes or YS140DZ's, so finding one should be relatively easy.

S & A North <sanorth at shaw.ca> wrote:
HI   any chance someone could list in order best to worst version of ys 1.20 to buy.i do not know the diff between a nc fs fz.can anyone enlighten me please?thanks.........shel

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com