YS 91 AC problem

Paul Horan phoran at vvm.com
Thu May 15 17:00:53 AKDT 2003

Ihncheol,
    Thanks for the reply.
> If you have a lot of bubble or didn't have bubble prior to the crash,
check
> the regulator assembly.
   I bought this plane from a friend, so I do not know how much bubble there
was before.
I have changed the fuel tubing from the pump to the carb and will retry.  My
guess is that the bubbles are not the problem.

> Are you talking about the throttle stop screw?
Yes

> If you don't have the throttle stop screw, the throttle barrel may move in
> and out slightly although there is a seal on it.  It get torn easily if
the
> throttle barrel is not inserted smoothly. (I tore a few when I install
> throttle barrel)  The center of the throttle barrel has tiny slot (I do
not
> mean the hole).
This may be the problem, before the throttle stop screw was removed the idle
mixture did have an affect - now it does not.
Where do I go from here ?   I suppose wait till I have the new throttle set
screw in.  If
that does no correct the problem then explore the throttle barrel seal.

 Thanks,
Paul

# discussion-request at nsrca.org