Design: Dihedral Recommendation

Ted Sander tedsander at attbi.com
Sun May 11 11:16:13 AKDT 2003

Matt -
Yep, my thoughts exactly - This project all came about because last summer
a) I crashed my Calypso (yeah, "old fashioned", but a heck of a aerobatic
plane), and b) out of how much I've learned to dislike my H9 ARF CAP.  That
one I had to add 1 lb of dead batteries to the nose.  I'm making sure the
new one will work out correctly!  Fine for a Sunday sport flyer, horrible
for anything precision.  BTW - I'm using an FPE 2.4 gasser, which replaced
the YS 1.20 it used to have.  After pipes, alum. hard mounts, etc. were
removed and replaced - the all up weight was the same - 48 oz of stuff for
each engine.  Doesn't count the ignition batteries..but I needed nose weight
anyway!  That's why the hopes I can campaign with this as a dual purpose
plane - Pattern and IMAC.  Should be able to hit the 11lbs, if I'm really,
really careful.