YS cam bearings

Tomanek, Wojtek tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com
Fri May 9 08:46:04 AKDT 2003

Bob

Sorry to hear about your Star.  The right (front) bearing is in the cover so
it is easy to get the back bearing is in back of the housing (after you
remove the cam shaft).  What I do is strip the gaskets, o-rings and silicone
pieces and heat up the case, if you knock on the heated on piece of soft
wood or hard rubber it may come out, but that is unlikely.  I make a short
90 degree hook that can fit inside of the bearing, get behind through the ID
opening in the bearing and pull it should will pull out then.

Wojtek