Y.S.140L

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Tue May 6 15:43:28 AKDT 2003

All the advice so far is good. If you have a good sealing seat on the regulator then I suspect that it is not screwed in far enough or the spring is canted.

A method for testing this is to run the engine up and then kill it. Quickly take off the fuel line that leads to the carb. at the carb end. If fuel is pouring out of the line then the regulator is under pressure and is in a valve open condition. Screw in the brass pressure adjuster until the fuel flow stops. Pop the pressure line to make sure you still have pressure in the tank. Repeat run-up if all pressure used up.

The optimum setting point setting for a YS regulator is that the fuel drips about 1 drop every five seconds from the carb feed (i.e. post regulator). Reconnect and try the engine at 1 turn out on the transition screw and 1.5 turns out on the main needle. (Must be using a OS "F" plug for this test)

Now you can warm the engine up and test the idle. The regulator sets the idle. The transition screw only affects idle-to-1/4 throttle and the Main needle does the rest. When at max rpm come back 200 rpm by richening the needle to allow for a tiny bit of leaning out in long verticals.

Hope this helps.

Eric.