Bolly pipes & mufflers

NSRCA service at clubmanprops.com
Mon May 5 18:03:49 AKDT 2003

Hi folks,

Just a point of clarification - the 480, 590 and 565 are mufflers only, not
tuned pipes, so comparing them to the ES pipe isn't really apples to apples.
The EQ140R would be a more appropriate comparison, as it is properly baffled
for an rpm boost.  Different products for a different applications - the
mufflers were developed when popular opinion was that there was more than
enough power available in the 140 2Cs and that the boost wasn't needed.  Now
that the current crop of F3A kits are getting HUGE, the tuned pipe boost is
back in vogue.

BTW, we're working with the gent who posted about the Bolly pipes "leaking"
and "gaining weight" to sort out what's up.  While they do "weep" for the
first few flights till the resin stabilizes, and they can be ruined if they
get cooked (as can all c/f pipes) it's the first we've heard of anything
like this, so the research continues.  If any other Bolly pipe/muffler users
have had this problem, would you please contact me directly.

Thanks!
Wayne Powell
Bolly Props North America
http://www.BollyProps.com