Thrust Angle

Ted Sander tedsander at attbi.com
Mon May 5 17:45:29 AKDT 2003

Actually, if you are really careful about your measuring, it can be very
accurate.  You’re using a long baseline, so errors won’t be as pronounced.
I also like to block my plane so the wingtips are equi-distant from a
vertical surface.  Then I measure the distance of the prop tips (prop in the
same plane as the wing).  A little math, and there’s your thrust angle.  The
longer the prop (even if it’s not one you would fly with), the better.