APC props-balance

NSRCA service at clubmanprops.com
Sun May 4 10:36:01 AKDT 2003

Hi Jerry,

Bolly recommends that the prop be balanced by sanding the top of the blade,
not the face.  The blade face is the surface of the propeller blade that
corresponds to the lower surface of an airfoil, or the one that you would
see if you were sitting in the cockpit. This is what we do on the carbon
props, and what we recommend on the Clubman injection molded props.

On injection molded props, scraping any flashing off with an exacto at 90'
to the flashing, followed by a light wet sanding with a fine (180 max) grit
should be all that is required.  Please do NOT drill out the hub and put in
lead or some other material - this can severely compromise the structural
integrity of the prop!

For a bit more detailed info, please visit
http://www.bollyprops.com/propbal.html for some pics and info on how to read
your balancer.

Hope this helps!

Wayne Powell