Cell Phone

RUDDERCABL at aol.com RUDDERCABL at aol.com
Fri May 2 20:26:02 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 5/2/2003 6:48:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Patternrules at aol.com writes:

> Don, sorry to hear about your plane, this happened the other day to a club
> member as soon as his cell, don't know if it was when the rang or after he
> answered it, he lost control of his plane, transmitter in left hand and
> cell and trans in other hand, he was just flying a trainer and it broke the
> nose off behind the firewall,

The opinion I am about to share may be controversial with some . But
"Sometimes ya just gotta ! "

I really believe that electron waves were the culprit here . Radio
interference of the highest order . Perhaps the earth and the moon and mars
were aligned just perfectly and electrons were released to create havoc of
the most dasterdly order . The whole electronic universe stood completely
still for the nanosecond that was required to disrupt totally the flight of a
model plane .

HAH ! JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Maybe , could it just be possible that
flying RC is a two handed operation for 99.99 % of us . Grabbing phones and
working transmitter sticks at the same time just ain't a good combination .

Any Dork who tries to talk on his cell phone while flying deserves to crash
his plane. The only radio interference involved is the disruption of the
brain waves of the operator!  But it is such an easy excuse.

"It was just a trainer" . Well the next " idiot" may be flying a 40% and lose
it in the pits.

We all have issues in these modern times that require the use of such
technology as cell phones. Leave the phone in the motor vehicle and check it
often if you must. Any issue that requires immediate responce means that you
should have stayed at home on that day.

Screw the flamesuit !  Refuse to wear one on this issue !

Robert Gainey