Re two batteries, was Miracle switch failures

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Mon Mar 31 06:44:44 AKST 2003

You are right, the backup battery is the simpler (hopefully more reliable)
setup.  I understand.

In my experience with circuit board design, I've found regulators to be
more reliable than diodes.  This is not intuitive, since regulators have
many internal transistors, but they also have bypass protective circuitry.
 If the regulator is wrapped in foam and the connectors are stress
relieved so that they can't weaken, then I'd have no problems having a
regulator in the circuit.  I

I currently just use one 5 cell NiCd with a RadioSouth 5.1v regulator and
it's the best setup I've had in terms of consistent performance.  I will
be repeating this on my next plane.

--Lance

"Tomanek, Wojtek" <tomanekw at saic-abingdon.com>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org