Center of loop

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Thu Mar 27 08:56:04 AKST 2003

Initially I was ready to debate this one, as I saw the length of the 45
Degree up, to one side of the vertical up, as being equal in length to
the diameter of the loop on the opposite side of the vertical up and
therefore the vertical up should represent the center, but there are a
couple of other elements to consider. Remember, we are required to
execute an entry and exit line of equal length. The end of the exit line
would therefore be much closer to the vertical up than the beginning of
the entry line.If you take these two lines into account, as indeed we
must, you will then see that this shifts the center location toward the
45 up and indeed Mr. Kababjian is correct, in my opinion, that the
center of the 45 up should represent the center of the maneuver.
   Thanks Don for the stimulation.
Georgie