No subject

wgalligan wgalligan at cnbcom.net
Mon Mar 24 07:06:00 AKST 2003

I had an unfourtunate mishap yesterday and lost my Prophecy.  Come to find my redundant or failsafe switch failed on me.  I was using a MCI Miracle swith that has a regulator on it and has mechanical fail safe if switch breaks down the system is on till the battery is unplugged. I found out when testing the battery to make sure I had juice.   Through the battery lead I had 6.5v and at the charge plug I had 6.5 but when tested through the receiver end of the switch I had only 4.2v.  Below the recivers voltage threshold.  Went into pcm lock up and throttled down and into a slow spiral death.  At least the throttle came down by pcm failsafe.  SO it appears the regulator side of this switch went bad.  SO Much for failsafe.  Has anyone heard of such failure on these types of switches?  And is it really neccesary to voltage regulate a 6volt system.  I know when peak charged the pack is at 7 volts on an expanded meter.   I have recently gone to 1500mil 4 cell pack on my new plane to eliminate the regulator part.

Wayne
# discussion-request at nsrca.org