Stuck Rear Bearing

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 18:00:31 AKST 2003

In a message dated 3/2/2003 2:43:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, jbudd at QNET.COM
writes:

> Subj:Stuck Rear Bearing
> Date:3/2/2003 2:43:10 PM Eastern Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:jbudd at QNET.COM">jbudd at QNET.COM</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Hi all,
>
> What's the best way to remove a rear bearing that's stuck on the
> crankshaft?  I went to change out the rear bearing on my OS140RX and
> install one of the KSK stainless steel bearings that I have, and I
> had to heat the case in the oven to get the crank out.  When it came
> out, the rear bearing went with it, and now it's stuck on the
> crankshart.  I'm thinking that I'll have to cut it off with a Dremel
> cut-off wheel, but before I did that I was wondering if there were
> any other "tricks" that I might try.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thx, Jerry

Jerry,

Install the nut on the threads just far enough so no threads are exposed, and
try reheating the shaft w/ bearing at about 350 deg. After heat up, rap the
nut sharply on a piece of wood. The bearing should fall out.

Matt Kebabjian