FOCUS gear Mod.

ronlock ronlock at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 04:46:33 AKST 2003

The Landing description in the mid 1980s said that main wheels had
to touch first.   The accepability of a three (3) point landing by  a
conventional gear bird was not  mentioned.  It didn't  matter much then,
as practically  all pattern birds were nose wheel types.  With the
introduction of "turnaround"  schedules, and K-Factors in the
mid/late 80s, pilots started discarding the weight of the  nose wheel.
Around the 86 to 90 rule book, the addition of  3 point landings was
added as  an appropriate update.

Ron  Lockhart