Pocono PA, Pattern Contest - update

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Thu Jun 26 14:19:49 AKDT 2003

Terry Terrenoire
Advance
20
79184

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:06:00 -0400 "Michael Ramsey"
<michaelr at flying-models.com> writes:
Northeast Patter Enthusiasts:

Hello, and good morning to everyone!

I encourage those who are expecting to attend to please pre-register to
cmwjramsey at optonline.net if you haven't done so already.

Name:
Class:
Freq:
AMA:

The field is open for practice flying on Friday, June 27th. You'll be
happy to find that the field is in great shape. In fact we rolled the
runway last night.

Registration on Saturday will begin at 8:30 am. The fee is $30.00. I've
got prizes glamour (see our sponsor list below). No one will go home
empty handed, plus I've got laminated sequence sheets for everyone.

We will be having a special raffle to win an Airtronics RD8000 radio
system. The proceeds from this will be going directly to the AMA F3A Team
Fund. I'm hoping that everyone (including myself) will dig deep and help
support Team USA. Raffle tickets are one for $2, two for $3, three for $5
or get the most bang for your buck and buy ten for $10.00.

Sounds like the Shannon Inn is the place to be on Saturday night. I'm
bringing my bathing suit pool toys.

I would like to thank the sponsors that have contributed so far: Roxbury
Area Model Airplane Club, FLYING MODELS magazine, Caesars Pocono Resorts,
Airtronics, Great Planes, Dave Patrick Models, Tru-Turn, Hobby People,
LoneStar Balsa, Horizon Hobby, Sig Manufacturing, Radio South, SR
Batteries, APC Propellers, FOX Mfg, Boca Bearing, Peak Electronics, DuBro
Products, Hitec RCD, S&W Hobby Supply, WingTOTE, Nelson Hobby
Specialties, MicroFasteners, Bob Smith Industries, Robin's View
Production, and Dave Brown Products.

Directions (from the west): Route 80 East to Exit 309, Route 209 North.
Take Route 209N, 7 Bridge Road, 1.3 miles and make a RIGHT onto
Buttermilk Falls Road. Follow 0.4 miles to T-intersection of River Road.
Make LEFT onto River Road. Bare RIGHT to stay on River Road at the
Y-intersection of Hollow Road. Enter the Delaware Water Gap National
Recreation Area, and follow River Road 3.1 miles to Hialeah Airpark on
RIGHT.

Directions (from the east): Route 80 West through the Delaware Water Gap.
Bridge toll is $1.25. From Toll Gate, go 0.2 miles to Exit 310, Route 611
South. On overpass, go 0.2 miles to make 2nd RIGHT. At Stop sign, cross
Broad Street onto River Road (to Shawnee). Follow River Road 3.5 miles to
Y-intersection of Hollow Road. Bare RIGHT to stay on River Road. Enter
the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and follow River Road
3.1 miles to Hialeah Airpark on RIGHT.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Michael Ramsey, Contest Director
Associate Editor, FLYING MODELS magazine
108 Phil Hardin Road
Newton, New Jersey 07836
973-383-3355 (day)
908-879-5820 (eve)