It was lonely out here (Long)

Terry Brox tbrox at cox.net
Wed Jun 25 21:06:52 AKDT 2003

This is Terry's wife Ruby.  Terry is working out of town as usual (he left
after the contest to go back to Texas to work, was only home for the
test    )  I just wanted to thank the guys for coming that did make it to
the contest and enjoyed going out to dinner with them and their families.
I've been reading some of the discussion on this over the phone to Terry and
he wanted to respond to let people know that he isn't  ignoring it, just out
of town working.  First of all he wanted to show his appreciation to Clay
for starting this thread.  This is indicative of the type of support Terry
has from the club members for this great event and those that CD a contest
can appreciate this type of support.  He just wanted to let everyone know
why the original decision was made to hold the contest on that particular
date of the third weekend of June.  It was decided that since Wichita had
cancelled their contest we would hold ours on their traditional date since
theirs was always a successful event.  As far as a conflict with the
Nederland contest we didn't consider it much of a problem since they are
over 800 miles from Great Bend and Lubbock is closer to us than Nederland
and we thought we might draw some of the flyers from that area and Oklahoma
City is 260 miles from us as opposed to nearly 550 to Nederland.  Terry says
he very much appreciates everyone's feedback and thanks to Clay's management
of this thread we will be discussing all of these ideas and hopefully come
to a conclusion for a better date.  On a personal note as Terry's wife I too
appreciate all the feedback cause I know how stressed Terry was with getting
everything ready for the contest and how disappointed he was with the
turnout.  I hope everyone will consider coming next year and seeing for
themselves what a great field MACK has and what a great bunch of guys the
club has.  I know not every club has two runways to cater to the contest to
help flyers with their flights and they always have a concession stand so
you don't have to worry about bringing your own lunches. There are many
hotels to choose from and either Great Bend or Larned and the rates are more
reasonable then many of the places he has stayed when going to contests (he
goes to alot!!!).  I know how much he spends cause then I get to spend 3X
that amount
  Thanks,
Terry & Ruby

----