It was lonely out here

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 05:01:48 AKDT 2003

Sometimes it just happens that way. No fault on anyones part, it just works out that each prospective pilot has other obligations.

That is why I advocate dropping back to less expense on trophies. If the turn out is small, the club does not get hurt. That also allows the entry to be lower which just might attract a larger local group.

Also, in opposition to the majority of NSRCA members, I think the schedules should be announced a year in advance and changed annually. The lower class flyers get pretty bored trying to execute the same set of maneuvers years on end. It is a lot like a musician practicing the scales all the time. The upper class flyers have decided that the frequent change is "not best for learning". That may be correct, but if it is not fun, how are you going to sell it?

Netting it out, I would try to tailor the Pattern event to focus on the prospective clients rather than imitate what is done in some distant environment. If you advertise it, you can deviate from the rule book.

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606