It was lonely out here

Brian Young b4598070 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 18:45:52 AKDT 2003

Clay, I know I had a good time as usual. I think you
would see a bit more turnout given a little space from
the KCRC event. I know of a couple of people at the
KCRC contest who mentioned this directly, one was
there last year.

Im sure its a pain to run these contests and hard to
get the club to participate when turnouts dont
turnout!

For all that arent familiar its a nice site, and if
the winds are low they have the chance at a sun to the
back early start with an alternate runway.

See ya next year,

--- Clay Schmidt <clay1 at grapevine.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My name is Clay Schmidt and I am the President of
> the Model Association of Central Kansas. MACK is a
> small club dead center in the middle of Kansas.  Our
> membership is spread over a 50 mile area centered
> over the Great Bend and Larned area.
>
> This last weekend, June 21st and 22nd MACK hosted a
> pattern contest.  We ended up with seven contestants
> and two of those contestants are club members.  As
> you can imagine we are very disappointed in the turn
> out and I was hoping that some of you that fly
> pattern, and would possibly come to Central Kansas,
> would indulge us with a little information or
> suggestions so we can increase the participation in
> our contest.
>
> I've listened to a lot of speculation, and "how
> comes" but I would like to hear directly from anyone
> why our event for the most part was not on the
> "Contest Trail."  Is it because you didn't know
> about it?  Is the date bad,,too close to other
> contests or in conflict with other contests?, You
> don't want to come to Central Kansas ( Rural)?
> Traditionally too windy?  Poorly run?  What ever the
> reason I'd like to know.
>
> Thanks for listening and for your time.  Anyone with
> input can email me directly at clay1 at grapevine.net.
> Again, we really want to host a premier event and
> your input could very well help us do that.
>
> Clay

=====
Brian Young
Tulsa