It was lonely out here

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Jun 23 18:21:42 AKDT 2003

Sorry Clay,

We moved out of the area....Or we would have attended again this year. I
don't know the reason for the small numbers out there...But being the week
after the Team Selection event...and being 2000 miles away had a little in
the decision I made....I can't guess why others would not attend. I can only
think of 13 guys that had the Teams as an excuse why they would not
attend....And those guys are all pretty far from your area also.

Omaha, NE last fall had a great turnout...and they are pretty close to you
guys relatively speaking.....From Denver it was a 450 mile drive to Pawnne
Rock (MACK).

Hope things turn around out west....We might be gone from the area for a
couple more years at least and it would be nice to roll back into the fold
with some events and support for pattern models.....The that area seems to
be suffering from low numbers....I know Colorado and NM are as
well.....Don't know the answer.....California was flush with pattern and so
has the North Carolina area....but I'm now in Atlanta and have not gotten a
chance to see what there is to offer here......A few guys have offered to
show me the ropes and the area...just not able to get out yet....hope to by
the weekend for sure....

I'm getting cabin fever not flying since the the Teams.....I think I have
withdrawl pains.

Troy Newman

# discussion-request at nsrca.org