Team Trials

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 16:35:07 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 6/23/2003 7:09:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vanputte at nuc.net writes:

> We already have noise problems at local fields (and even at the Nats) from
> scale aerobatic airplanes that were/are too noisy and I don't believe that
> easing the noise limits is a way we should go.
>
> I hadn't thought about classes by size.  The only negative I can think of is
> that it would adversely impact the low-budget pilot when he transitioned
> from class to class.
>
> Ron Van Putte

Gee, classes by size without regard to competence? I say no way Jose. We
already fight this to some extent at our local club fields, why do it at a
contest?

I agree on the noise thing. Relaxing the rule on noise is wrong approach in
many parts of the country. But I must admit that in other parts of the country
(Sunny northeast FLA, my home club) everyone who has the big planes flies as
loud and in your face as possible.

Matt Kebabjian