firewall installation in fiberglass fuse

Anne & Xavier xavier.mouraux at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 22 18:36:07 AKDT 2003

Hello all expert builders...
I have to install a new firewall in the fiberglass fuse of my Nova and I want to do it right. I have a few questions.

What is the more efficient/easy way to figure the exact contour to cut the firewall?

Once the firewall is properly cut, I am intending to:
Glue a shim behind the backplate
Install the engine on the engine mount
Install the nose ring
Install the backplate and cone
Suspend the plane nose up to locate the firewall
Tape the cone to the fuselage
Tack glue the engine mount on the firewall with CA
Glue the firewall with epoxy and fiberglass on aft face
Once dry, remove the engine and engine mount
Add fiberglass on foward face of firewall.

Do I forget something ?

Thank you

Xavier