Masters Cuban 8 w/ 2/4

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 15:23:49 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 6/18/2003 1:31:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil writes:

> Subj:Masters Cuban 8 w/ 2/4
> Date:6/18/2003 1:31:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil">James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Hi All,
>

> I've been practicing this maneuver and I'm having trouble getting making it
> repeatable/consistent/, etc.  So, I took a music CD and drew two circles that
> have the same baseline and touch each other at their closest points.  If you
> do this, you will quickly see that two adjacent circles have no place for 45
> degree lines to be drawn in between them.  It appears to me from the drawing
> that actually you cannot maintain a constant radius AND perform a 45 degree
> "LINE" within this maneuver.  If you maintained a constant radius you would
> never reach a point where you could depart that curve onto a 45 degree up or
> downline, and intersect the magic spot on the other loop at the same radius.
>

> Am I out to lunch on this, or do you indeed need different radii:  1.)
> blending 45 degree line into loop 2.) looping segment.  Or, the loops are not
> really supposed to touch each other in the middle, thus there is some distance
> between each loop?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jim W.

Jimbo,

The loops should not touch. Do the maneuver as it is described in the book:
5/8ths to a 45 deg  down line, etc, etc.

 What you actually sketched is the figure for the Running Eight. That is not
the same as a Cuban Eight

regards

Matt