Team Trials (sic)

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Tue Jun 17 09:10:33 AKDT 2003

Henderson,Eric wrote:

> Ref  "AMA didn't even think it important enough to cover in Model
> Aviation...Tony Stillman"
>
> I would be surprised if any of you did not know that I was at my
> number-1 son's wedding this weekend. My son scheduled this event not
> knowing when the team trails would be held. If not for the wedding I
> would have been there working in the judging "chair", camera in hand.

We knew that Eric Henderson would not be there, but Tony's note was not
to or about Eric Henderson.  I had discussed Model Aviation coverage for
the Team Selection Finals with Tony and told him that Bob Noll told me
that he stopped in Muncie a short time ago and met with Bob Hunt (Model
Aviation's Aeromodeling Editor).  Noll offered to cover the F3A Team
Selection Finals for Model Aviation, but was told that the contest was
not important enough to cover in the magazine.  That's where Tony's
information came from.

The F3A Team Selection Finals is AMA event.  It WAS run by NRSCA people,
but it was assumed the contest would be covered by AMA until Bob Hunt
informed Bob Noll to the contrary.

Ron Van Putte