Team Trials

Tony Stillman tony at radiosouthrc.com
Tue Jun 17 09:07:47 AKDT 2003

Eric:

WHAT GOT YOU SO UPSET??  I did not direct this at you, and you should not be so sensitive to think that this was about you!  It was about the policy of your boss, not you.  You have always been a supporter of pattern and your columns show that.  They have been informative and well written.  You have done a great job with it.  That is not the issue here.  You should be the one upset at AMA for not contacting you to ask YOU to cover it for them!

The F3A Team is the AMA representitive team, and should be supported by the AMA Magazine, IMHO.  To make a blanket statement that it was not important enough is kinda hard for me to take!

So, before you draw a line in the sand, make sure you know who your supporters are, because I am one of them!

My comment was a factual statement that was made to Bob Noll by Model Aviation editor Bob Hunt.  Bob Noll was on the way to the F3A Team Selection contest to be a judge.  Bob Noll told Ron Van Putte that "it is not important enough to cover in Model Aviation."

Tony Stillman
Radio South
3702 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32505