Wrong Maneuver issues

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Sun Jun 15 18:31:51 AKDT 2003

Woodward James R Civ 412 TW/DRP/ACQ wrote:

> These last two posts exemplify several reasons for having a scribe.
> The scribe can call the maneuvers for you, and allows you to keep your
> eyes on the plane.  Many times, including this year, you can watch
> judges habitually miss nearly every exit and entry of maneuvers while
> they are writing down scores.

I've tried to convince judges to use a legal size scratch pad to write
down scores and transfer them to the score sheet after the flight.  I
never take my eyes from the airplane during a flight. For those who tell
me that they can't do it, my response is that, if I can do it, they
should be able to.

Ron Van Putte