Wrong Maneuver issues

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 11 12:04:49 AKDT 2003

Duh! I get it now. See that is why I'm not a better pilot. It took me forever to realize that the scores would be recorded real time and take 6 to 12 minutes per pilot to listen to. Whew, is my face ever red (no small feat). Well, it didn't take me too long to write it so digital time compression must still be in affect. The headset (simple two way pager technology) could allow the judge to transmit the scores walkie talkie style directly to the score keepers so that the scores can be tabulated before the pilot's wheels even stop rolling after landing. One more step using voice recognition technology and scoring software and we can eliminate the need for anyone to even enter the scores. The judge could just say the scores to the computer as their flown. That would leed to a minimum workload for volunteers. All we would need are judges, who could concentrate only on the airplane, no scribes and no one to enter scores.

I'm a dreamer.

Tom Buyrc <tomc at buyrc.com> wrote:

That would take as long to listen to and enter in the computer as it takes to fly the sequence. You can enter from a scoresheet in a fraction of the time.