Contestant Judging was Calling Maneuvers for Judges

Patternrules at aol.com Patternrules at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 09:56:53 AKDT 2003

 In the 80's it was all non contestant judging, and boy let me tell you about
bias, a field had a pattern contest that knew the members and I won the
contest not because of my flying but because they all thought I was that good, not
a good feeling for me, now I may have won anyhow, but I have felt to this day
an unfulfilled victory, system nowadays is much better, I think having non
contestant scribes is great, but have seen to many times that they get out of
sink with the flier, then while there flying you (as a judge have to try and get
them back into sink) doing justice to no one and especially not to the pilot.

 Steve Maxwell