Calling Maneuvers for Judges

Henderson,Eric Eric.Henderson at gartner.com
Wed Jun 11 12:14:27 AKDT 2003

I have flown a Masters routine where Michelle picked up the wrong calling card and actually called the FAI card. She was happy and she can do no wrong as far as I am concerned! It did not hurt my round and I didn't mind, I knew what I was supposed to be flying. (The judges could not hear her.)

Just consider the rules you would have to write to address the scores of a pilot who,

a) Had no caller
b) Had cryptic codes for the maneuvers e.g. Train-wreck for avalanche!
c) Caller called wrong maneuver, say out of sequence. How could you penalize the pilot for that??

Far too messy and fraught with potential disputes and arguments for my liking.

E.