Scoring Vs Judging

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Tue Jun 10 07:25:25 AKDT 2003

The humpty bump thing can go the other way, too.  I talked with a Masters
pilot a couple of years ago that questioned the zero he got for a
humpty.  The judges said that they zeroed him because he pushed the top,
rather than pulled it.
He had them refer to the rule book right then; he got his zeros reversed.

Rational discussions like this can only improve the judging and our
overall sport, I feel.
One of my concerns is that now that many of us (at least in D 2) are
certified, is that we may relax until the next period of necessity for
certification comes up.
I believe that good judging entails constant thinking, and a re-reading
of the book frequently.  Just my opinion.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org