Scoring Vs Judging

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Tue Jun 10 07:14:08 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 6/10/03 7:45:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
VicenteRC at aol.com writes:

> Some pilots are using the snap switch directly so there is no way to show
> the break unless elevator is applied before activation the snap switch.  I am
> planning to give a zero if I cannot see the break or stall when I have the
> chance to judge this year.  However, I know that complains will follow.

The break comes because of the stall/defines the stall and has NOTHING to do
with how the pilot accomplished it (I.E. snap switch) Judge what you see and
don't get to zero happy, personally I think some judges get to zero happy/spend
too much time looking for a zero, rather than judging what they see.  When
you sit down in the chair your mind set should be "I will judge by the rule
book" not "I'm going to catch someone in a zero", there is too much going on to
spend much time on such things. Just judge what you see, by the rule book, there
is plenty going on to judge.

My work here is done, flame suit on

Bob