Scoring Vs Judging

Bill Carpenter bcarpenter at greenvilleisp.net
Mon Jun 9 21:51:59 AKDT 2003

Sometimes perfect isn't what the sport wants.  I remember when video cameras
were placed directly over home base in baseball, and showed strike calls
that were a foot off the plate.  Needless to say, the cameras disappeared
quickly.  If we didn't have the judges to complain about, what would we have
to fill all those idle hours between flights?